It is time for you to get up from your chair and get some blood flowing through your veins! These quick and easy exercises will make your heart pump with life, and your endorphins will make you feel unstoppable.
- Jumping jacks
Jumping jacks is an exercise that requires you to use all four limbs. To do this, you will need to do the following:
- Stand tall and your feet shoulder-width apart from each other. Your hands should be on your sides.
- Jump out with your feet and raise your hands to the air.
- Jump back to the original position, then repeat this exercise for 10 repetitions.
- High knees
If you are looking for an exercise that will raise your pulse, then you should do the high knees. This high-intensity movement can easily make you breathless but feel great afterwards. Follow these steps to do this exercise:
- With both feet on the floor, raise one knee to your chest.
- After that, shift your weight to your other leg by jumping while raising the other knee to your chest.
- Repeat the first two steps continuously for about 30 seconds. As much as possible, keep your knees close to your chest throughout the exercise for a maximum burn effect.
- Floor plank
Get a stronger core with the floor plank exercises! Here is a step-by-step process to guide you through the movement:
- Lay on all fours on the floor. Slowly, raise both your knees to the point that only your arms and toes are touching the floor.
- Your body should form a flat straight horizontal line. This means you should engage your core and keep your glutes pushed forward.
- Maintain proper form for about 30 seconds. You are doing this exercise right when your core starts to hurt while doing so.
- Bodyweight squats
Strengthen your lower body with the bodyweight squat exercise. This is also a good movement to raise your heart rate and warm up your body. Follow these steps to execute the exercise properly:
- Stand tall with your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Shift most of your weight to the heels of your feet, then descend your body as if you are sitting on an invisible chair.
- Go back up to the original position once you feel a stretch in your quads, hamstrings and glutes.
- Do this exercise for 15 repetitions.
End this exercise session with a full-body movement! Here is how you can properly do burpees:
- Stand tall, then jump as high as you can.
- As you land, place your entire body flat on the floor with your hands beside your chest.
- Push off the ground with all your strength, then stand up.
- Repeat the exercise for 15 repetitions.
Once you are done with the whole set of exercises, try to do them again for 2 more for a great sweat session!